For decades, a set of major forces worked together, to change the way we think about “technology”. So far, these radical forces have brought about evolutionary changes in software programming, virtual communications, and user interactions. Today, software’s and cloud infrastructure are increasingly combined with data and machine learning/Artificial Intelligence to become a major platform for tomorrow’s intelligent apps.
What is an Intelligent App?
Applications that precisely understand “Why” behind “What” are the intelligent apps. Machine learning and data analytics are considered as the backbones of the intelligent app ecosystem. The conception of micro-services and the flexibility it offers to coherently interface with REST APIs increase chances of using and re-using learning services and ML algorithms. Furthermore, combine these algorithms with the particular data slice tom understand is micro-intelligence, which again can be seamless, incorporated in the apps.
The brand new genre of intelligent apps is a first fundamental step towards human-machine-interaction. The ecosystem allows humans to interact with the computers and increase their efficiency to know us. In the process of understanding us, computers or smart apps start suggesting things, provide solutions to everyday problems and accomplish the chorus on our behalf. In short, intelligent apps have the ability to do one or more of the following things.
- Study user context and preferences: the apps pay attention to our choices and behaviors, thereby predicting what we need.
- Dependence on AI for making decisions: Algorithms used in building intelligent apps play an important role in empowering software to distinguish between relevant and irrelevant information.
- Provide users with contextually relevant information: Having determined our needs, intelligent apps will not wait for us to search something; instead, they will buzz or notify us with solutions to our potential problems.
- Proactive response: Without waiting for us to act, these apps will act on our behalf.
- Task Automation: The software or algorithm of the app is flexible enough to allow either users or the app itself to setup if/then commands for different applications and services.
- Communicate on your behalf: The app predicts with whom you want to communicate and what you are going to say, they do the same saving your efforts. While doing so the recipient of the message thinks that they are communicating with you and not with the app. However, when both the parties are using software agents for communication, then it is simply a software-to-software communication in context.